Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Nose Bite, a Clean House, and Stubborn Dog

Three things from today:

1.  When I picked Cy up from nursery today, his teacher told me that he was bonking another kid on the head, and then that kid retaliated by biting Cy on the nose.  She didn't need me to do anything, she just wanted me to be aware of the situation.

Can I tell you how hard it was to discuss this incident with Cyrus without cracking up?  I mean, come on!  He got bit on the nose!  The NOSE!  How is that the best spot to place your attack?  It turns out that Cy was hitting the other kid in the head with his own head (I have no idea why, by the way), so I guess Cy's nose was kind of close to the kid's mouth, but still.  I told Cy that he shouldn't have bonked the kid on the head, and that he probably deserved to be bitten on the nose. Does that make me a bad parent?

2.  Today,  my husband cleaned our entire downstairs while I was church.  I have been putting off cleaning our floors for about two weeks, and they were just gross.  It was such a pleasant surprise to come home to a clean house and to just be able to relax.

3.  I was giving the kids a bath tonight and the puppy was lying by my feet.  Then she got up and started sniffing around, and I knew she had to go potty.  We have only had three accidents with this dog since we got her two weeks ago, because I am highly diligent about making sure she gets outside.  Also, she often just goes and sits by the backdoor or whines to get my attention to go out.  In this instance, however, she must have decided it was too cold outside, because once I saw her sniffing around I tried to get her to go outside and she ignore me, kept sniffing and then SQUATTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND PEED!!!  I shouted no and put her outside where she promptly finished her business.  But seriously dog? I know it's cold, believe me, I'm freezing in this bitter 50 degrees, but that is no excuse to pee in my house!

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...