Kristen's solution to lack of blogging motivation is to participate in National Blog Post Month (also known as NaBloPoMo) for the month of October. She issued an invitation for others to join her, and I've decided that this is the perfect opportunity to hone my blogging skills and get in the habit of posting regularly.
All day today, I've contemplated whether or not to take on this challenge. As I went back and forth, I came up with several obstacles that I will have to overcome if I am to successfully write 31 posts in 31 days. I figure by laying those out ahead of time, perhaps I will have more luck getting past them. So, here they are, in no particular order:
1. As of right now, we are a one car family, and Jason needs the car to go to work. Therefore, I am homebound for most of the day, giving me limited outside material from which to draw inspiration for a post.
2. Many people are able to blog artfully about funny or interesting things that their children do, which might be a good option in leiu of getting out of the house; however, my child is not even three months old, and although I find him riveting, he just doesn't do very many interesting things that could be parlayed into an engaging blog post.
3. I am an insufferable perfectionist, and so I continually second guess my blogging ideas (part of why I blog so infrequently). Because of the two reasons listed above, I know that I will feel like I have nothing interesting to say.
4. I am going to be out of town for a week. There will be a computer where I am going, but I will still have to motivate to write while on "vacation". (I use this term loosely as I don't really get to take a break from what I do every day...)
5. Which brings me to my next obstacle: I have a two month old who is my boss. Though his schedule is becoming slightly more regular, he still decides when I have free time, and just how long that free time lasts. I may think I have a good 1.5 hours while he's napping, only to find that 10 minutes into writing a post he will wake up and demand that I feed him/change him/hold him/see to his every whim.
So, all of this notwithstanding, I am taking the plunge. I am committing to 31 posts in 31 days, starting today. Encouragement in the form of joining the challenge and/or leaving comments is much appreciated!