Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Tenacity of Toddlers

First of all, for those who follow (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word, since it has been almost a year from the last post) Cy's blog, I've decided to go ahead and start posting over there again.  We'll see how long it lasts. It is private, so if you want an invite, or need a new invite, just send me an email or reply to this post, and I'll hook you up.

Now, on to my post.  This evening before dinner, Cyrus and I were building towers with his Mega Blocks.  He's just started to figure out how they work, but likes to stick to stacking those blocks that are similar: for example, only blocks with four pegs, or only blocks with one peg.  The one peg blocks seem to be his favorite, as there are many, many of them, and he can make a really tall tower.  Here is how the tower building went tonight:


Tower #1.  I had to balance it very carefully to get this picture. 


Oh!  And it's down!  Cy was just getting ready to place this stack of blocks on top of the tower when it collapsed.


No matter.  We'll just start over again.


Cy's particular tower-building strategy includes placing several blocks together and then placing that section onto the tower.


Just. A few. More. Blocks! Seconds later, the tower came tumbling to the ground, much to the glee of one little boy.  

This process was repeated several times over, until it was time for dinner.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...