Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We need some Christmas decorations around here, STAT

These are the highs this week here in Phoenix, AZ:

Wednesday: 77
Thursday: 75
Friday: 78
Saturday: 77
Sunday: 77
Monday: 80

Eighty!  In December!  I wore a t-shirt and capris today, all day, and was totally comfortable - even a little warm! OK, I realize that I probably have nothing on Bridget in the UAE...but still, these temperatures take a little getting used to.  I have to remind myself several times a day that we are well into the month of December and that, oh yeah, Christmas is right around the corner.

Due to moving/unpacking etc, we have yet to procure a Christmas tree or dig out any of Christmas decorations.  However, this is top on my list of to-dos for tomorrow.  I'm afraid that if I don't make this a priority, it will suddenly be December 26th and I will have missed Christmas all together!

Speaking of Christmas trees, how does everyone feel about fake trees?  I used to be vehemently opposed, but then after my first Christmas tree in NY cost $65, I decided that a reusable $30 fake tree was better on my wallet.  In Portland, Jason insisted that we go to a cut-your-own tree farm, since we were in the land of Christmas trees.  I'm definitely leaning toward a fake tree this year, since it will save in the long run.  However, the actual price of a real tree is pretty the same as that of an equivalent fake tree.  And, as Jason has pointed out, all the trees they sell here are from Oregon...we could own our own little piece of live Oregon for a mere $45...tempting.  But I think the ease of the fake tree may win out.  What do you all do?  Real or fake?

2 comments:

  1. Arizona is what made us get our first fake tree. I did laugh that all the tree lots have trees from Oregon, though.

    Sounds like the temp here is about the same, by the way. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real all the way. I think its worth it to have that yummy smell of Christmas in your home, even for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...